Halo - Total War - Alien - Sonic Classic
Napoleon - Stormrise - Spartan - Rome
Fundamentals Of Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation
This extensively revised and updated second edition of a widely read classic presents the use of ultrasound in nondestructive evaluation (NDE) inspections. Retaining the first edition's use of wave propagation /scattering theory and linear system theory, this volume also adds significant new material including:
Students, engineers, and researchers working in the ultrasonic NDE field will find a wealth of information on the modeling of ultrasonic inspections and the fundamental ultrasonic experiments that support those models in this new edition.
- the introduction of MATLABÂ® functions and scripts that evaluate key results involving beam propagation and scattering, flaw sizing, and the modeling of ultrasonic systems.
- elements of Gaussian beam theory and a multi-Gaussian ultrasonic beam model for bulk wave transducers.
- a new chapter on the connection between ultrasonic modeling and probability of detection (POD) and reliability models.
- new and improved derivations of ultrasonic measurement models.
- updated coverage of ultrasonic simulators that have been developed around the world.
A Brief Guide To Classical Civilization
A general introduction to the classical world from its origins to the fall of the Roman Empire.
The book focuses on questions of how we know about Classical civilisation from archaeology and history; deals with the Mycenaean era and the world of Myth and Epic in Homer's Iliad and Odyssey; gives an outline of Greek history in the 5th & 4th Centuries BC; looks at Greek social life and the alternative model of Sparta, and considers the achievements of the Greeks in their art and architecture, tragedy and comedy.
Turning to Rome, it engages with Roman history, the Roman Epic tradition, the fascinating features of Roman social life, analyses Roman satire, explores the urban environment in Pompeii and Herculaneum, and concludes with the End of Rome.
Creative Assembly Articles
Creative Assembly Books