Halo - Total War - Alien - Sonic Classic
Napoleon - Stormrise - Spartan - Rome
The Encyclopedia of the War of 1812: A Political, Social, and Military History dedicates 872 entries-totaling some 600,000 words-to this important American war. It is the most comprehensive and significant reference work available on the subject. Its entries spotlight the key battles, standout individuals, essential weapons, and social, political, and economic developments, and examine the wider, concurrent European developments which directly affected this conflict in North America. A volume of primary documents provides more avenues for research. This three-volume work offers comprehensive, in-depth information in a format that lends itself to quick and easy use, making it ideal for high school, college, and university-level learners as well as general learning annexes and military libraries. Scholars of the period and students of American military history will find it essential reading.
EARTH STANDS ALONE
The Coalition of Planets has shattered, with Vulcan, Andor, and Tellar abrogating the treaty. Their pledge to come to the mutual defense of any power that is attacked has been shunted aside. Horrified by how easily the Romulans can seize control of their advanced starships, turning them into weapons, Andor and Tellar have joined Vulcan on the sidelines. Humanity is now the only thing that stands between the Romulan Star Empire and total domination of the galaxy.
To drive humans from the stars, the Romulans employ ruthless and murderous tactics . . . and even dare to strike on the Vulcan homeworld with the hopes of demoralizing their Vulcan brethren. Heartened by their victories, the Romulans carry their all-out war assault closer to the heart of humanity-Earth.
But the tattered remains of Starfleet stand unwavering, with the resolution that never again would any enemy strike ever reach Earth. On the front lines of the Earth- Romulan War is the United Earth flagship, theStarship Enterprise. Her captain, Jonathan Archer, has seen his vessel of exploration become a battleship. Once hailed for his work bringing the Coalition of Planets into existence, Archer is now a pariah. Undaunted, the captain keeps fighting, searching for allies and determined to do his duty: to save Earth and forge a new federation of planets.
Acquire the skills to succeed in the pharmacy, before leaving the classroom, withPharmacy Management Software for Pharmacy Technicians, 3rd Edition. This innovative software/work text incorporates the full version of DAA Enterprises' Visual Superscript pharmacy management software to give you hands-on training performing the day-to-day tasks of a pharmacy technician - just as you will on the job. Expanded lab content includes new bar code functionality, and cloud-based software provides you with a seamless online experience. Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions guide you through essential functions in community and institutional pharmacy practice.
- UNIQUE! Full version of DAA Enterprises' Visual Superscript pharmacy management software reflects the practice management programs you will encounter in the workforce - and enables you to work through realistic practice scenarios.
- UNIQUE! Fully functional patient record database corresponds to work text exercises to provide realistic practice:
- Adding new patients
- Determining possible adverse reactions
- Filling and refilling prescriptions
- Examining a patient's prescription history
- Identifying potential allergic reactions to drug ingredients
- Work text activities and case studies walk you through essential pharmacy tasks just as you will perform them on the job.
- UNIQUE! Institutional pharmacy coverage provides additional practice in:
- Extemporaneous compounding
- Total parenteral nutrition
- IV label preparation
- Detailed screenshots guide you through the pharmacy management software.
- Study tools on the companion Evolve website provide technical support, laboratory tips, and additional practice.
- Lab tips help you perform tasks more efficiently.
- User-friendly design incorporates full-color software screenshots, perforated pages, and a spiral binding to help you easily find and apply information.
- NEW! Cloud-based software creates a more user-friendly online experience.
- EXPANDED! Lab content teaches concepts in isolation, and then within the continuum of practice, for full comprehension and practice readiness.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Bar code functionality with accompanying activities lets you practice skills necessary in practice, such as scanning vials and managing inventory.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Medication Safety, HIPPA, and Consideration boxes support interdisciplinary and team approach.
- NEW! Introductory content provides an overview of the skills covered and how they fit into the larger practice workflow.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Expanded activities for Institutional Pharmacy Practice include emergency preparedness, automation, narcotic inventory and management, and a variety of sterile processing labs.
- NEW! Documentation section includes new activities on DEA forms, medication reconciliation, medication therapy management report, and Drug Utilization Reviews.
- NEW! Section on additional practice settings includes long-term care, mail order, telepharmacy, and pharmacy benefits management.
- NEW! Mock medical profiles bridge data management with hands-on simulation.
- NEW! Updated drug database, patient profiles, and physicians keep learning fresh.
Could you climb the world's highest mountain? Thrill seekers and young explorers will love this inspiring Totally True Adventure.
The peak of Mount Everest is the highest place on Earth-and one of the deadliest. Terrible storms stop climbers in their tracks! Avalanches tumble down! Brave adventurers disappear on the snowy slopes. Then Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay decide to climb. They come from different cultures, but their dream is the same. Can teamwork help them make it to the roof of the world?
This nonfiction chapter book makes history exciting and accessible for younger readers and features illustrations, photographs, a map, Common Core connections, and additional Story Behind the Story facts.
Perfect for readers of the I Survived series and the Who Was . . . ? series, Totally True Adventures are captivating nonfiction stories with not-to-be-missed bonus content.
The aim of this book is to introduce mathematicians (and, in particular, graduate students) to the mathematical methods of theoretical and experimental quantum field theory, with an emphasis on coordinate-free presentations of the mathematical objects in play. This should in turn promote interaction between mathematicians and physicists by supplying a common and flexible language for the good of both communities, even if the mathematical one is the primary target. This reference work provides a coherent and complete mathematical toolbox for classical and quantum field theory, based on categorical and homotopical methods, representing an original contribution to the literature. The first part of the book introduces the mathematical methods needed to work with the physicists' spaces of fields, including parameterized and functional differential geometry, functional analysis, and the homotopical geometric theory of non-linear partial differential equations, with applications to general gauge theories.
The second part presents a large family of examples of classical field theories, both from experimental and theoretical physics, while the third part provides an introduction to quantum field theory, presents various renormalization methods and discusses the quantization of factorization algebras. The book is primarily intended for pure mathematicians (and in particular graduate students) who would like to learn about the mathematics of quantum field theory.
Creative Assembly Articles
Creative Assembly Books